6 Best Payday Loan Lenders in San Diego, California
Full Disclosure: If you use a link on this site to apply for a product or service, then Credit Help Info will get a referral fee.
Click here for more details
Known as America’s Finest City, San Diego, California is well known for its miles of beautiful white-sand beaches and a wide variety of attractions making it a popular tourist destination.
However, even America's Finest City can't escape the debt trap. According to Debt.org, Californians currently hold at least $6,700 in credit card debt. With the combination of credit card debt and the high cost of living throughout California, it can be quite difficult for people in San Diego to get their heads above water financially.
We all know that while it’s quite easy to rack up credit card debt, it’s far more difficult to pay off. To avoid accumulating more credit card debt with compounded interest and fees, consider a payday loan for your short-term minor financial needs.
We’ve picked six of the best payday loan lenders in San Diego, California. Likewise, to keep you well informed about payday loans, we provided some answers to frequently asked questions.
Are Payday Loans Legal in San Diego, California?
Payday loans are in fact legal in San Diego as well as throughout California. The California Department of Business Oversight provides specific terms and conditions in regard to payday loans. They include:
- Payday lenders can only make out one payday loan to each borrower, and the value of the loan cannot exceed $300.
- The maximum fees charged for payday loans cannot exceed 15% of the total amount of the face value of the check up to $45.
- Payday lenders cannot offer new payday loans while there is an existing loan that is outstanding.
- Rollovers of payday loans are not allowed.
- Payday loans cannot be taken for longer than 31 days.
- For members of the armed services, there are special stipulations when receiving payday loans in order to protect service members from predatory loan practices.
To ensure sound financial practices, when seeking a payday loan, it is recommended that you only borrow what you can comfortably pay back.
The 6 Best Payday Loan Lenders in San Diego, California
The following are the six best payday loan lenders in San Diego. Please note that these companies do not offer guaranteed payday loans. Approvals for payday loans are contingent on meeting specific banking and income qualifications.
Our suggested number one provider of payday loan services is LendYou. in operation since 2005, this company is dedicated to helping people “get the loans you need when you need them.” They provide both payday and installment loans for residents in San Diego and throughout the United States.
What makes LendYou unique is that it is not a direct lender. Rather, this company is a broker that provides a platform to connect you with lending partners. This allows you to have access to numerous lenders so that you can choose the payday loan that best suits your specific needs.
LendYou comes highly recommended for payday loans because:
- They have excellent customer service.
- You get access to flexible loan amounts and rates.
- Everything is clear and up-front with rate and service transparency.
- Bad credit is not a problem.
- Quick approvals mean that you get your payday loan funds fast.
Find out more about LendYou payday services with our LendYou Complete Review.
In second place for payday loan services is Max Cash. This company is also an online broker with a platform that connects you with payday loan lenders. In business for over a decade, Max Cash is proud to have helped over two million people get the funds they need.
This online loan broker has a platform that is easy to use making it convenient for you to find the payday loan lender of your choosing.
Some reasons to consider Max Cash for a payday loan include:
- Access to multiple lenders.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Financial education through informative financial articles.
To learn more about the payday loan services provided by Max Cash, read our comprehensive Max Cash Payday Loans Full Review & Guide.
Offering short-term title, installment, and payday loans in 29 States, Speedy Cash makes it easy for you to get the payday loan you need. With a convenient payday loan application process that can be completed online or in person, you may be eligible for a payday loan of up to $300 in San Diego.
Speedy Cash is a preferred payday loan provider because:
- Customers have multiple options to receive their funds via direct deposit, at a storefront location, or through a prepaid debit card.
- Conveniently manage your payday loan with the Speedy Cash mobile app.
- Take advantage of the 72-hour return guarantee that allows you to return payday loan funds without incurring fees.
- Address: 6686 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92115
- Phone: (619) 464-1731
Since 1997, Advance America has helped people in San Diego and beyond obtain payday loans. This company offers both an online and in-store payday loan application process as long as you have the required proof of income, an active checking account, a valid email, and a valid social security number. What sets Advance America apart is that they have certified loan specialists on hand to help to answer your questions and guide you through the payday loan process.
Some of the benefits of getting a payday loan with Advance America include:
- Payday loan approvals in minutes.
- The availability of same-day cash for a payday loan.
- Applicants with approved payday loan applications completed at a physical location can receive cash in hand.
- For approved online payday loan applications completed by 10:30 A.M. EST on a weekday, applicants could possibly receive funds in the designated bank account on the same day.
- Address: 3145 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92104
- Phone: (619) 640-1799
Since 1997, Payday Money Centers has provided a variety of financial services throughout Southern California. Payday Money Centers prides itself on being “Your Friendly Neighborhood Bank Alternative Here When You Need Us.” To ensure that customers are protected and treated fairly, Payday Money Centers is licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and innovation, and it adheres to the California Deferred Deposit Transaction Law.
Applicants will need the following to apply for a payday loan with Payday Money Centers:
- Proof of steady income.
- An open checking account with a current bank statement.
- A valid government-issued photo identification.
- Address: 4090 El Cajon Blvd. #B San Diego, CA 92105
- Phone: (619) 563-6543
Since 2017, Quick Cash Loans has worked diligently to provide reputable financial services in San Diego. They provide quick, easy payday loan applications online and in person.
In order to be considered for a payday loan with Quick Cash Loans, you'll need the following:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- A valid state-issued identification.
- Proof of US citizenship or US permanent residency.
- Proof of income.
- An active checking account.
- A valid email address and telephone number.
- Address: 1351 G St, San Diego, CA 92101
- Phone: (858) 289-0130
Is a Credit Check Required for a Payday Loan in San Diego?
What makes payday loans so attractive is that they do not require a credit check. Despite this, payday loan lenders have set qualifications that borrowers must meet to receive payday loans. One of these requirements is the possession of an active bank account.
There are some circumstances where a payday loan provider requires that applicants have an active bank account for at least 30 days. If you are interested in a payday loan but think that you may not meet the bank account qualifications, check out our post on the Best Checking Accounts For Bad Credit to learn more about obtaining a checking account with bad credit.
How Do I Find a Reputable Payday Lender in San Diego?
While there are a variety of payday loan lenders in San Diego, not all of them are reputable. The California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation encourages payday loan applicants to verify that a payday loan lender is licensed. This is to ensure that you are dealing with a payday loan lender that has gone through the proper processes to operate as a payday loan company in San Diego as well as ensuring that specific payday loan regulations are followed.
By using only licensed, verified payday loan lenders, you protect yourself from predatory payday loan practices such as:
- Charging interest rates above the mandated California payday loan regulations.
- The solicitation and selling of your personal financial information.
- The illegal collection of funds from your bank account without your permission.
Do yourself a favor by verifying that the payday loan companies of interest are licensed in the state of California. You can verify the licensure of a payday loan company by visiting www.dbo.ca.gov or calling 1-866-275-2677. LendYou is a reputable payday lender that serves San Diego.
Do Payday Loans in San Diego Have Instant Approval?
Instant approval for payday loans is not offered. Because there is no credit check to receive a payday loan, payday lenders must use other criteria to determine whether an individual is eligible for a payday loan.
Payday lenders will review specific qualifying information such as personal identification and proof of income to determine whether an applicant is a viable candidate for a payday loan.
Because of these requirements, it is likely that some individuals will not be approved for a payday loan. It is for this reason that instant approval for payday loans is not available.
For more information about why instant approvals aren't available for payday loans, visit our post on payday loans online with instant approval.
Title Loans As A No-Credit Alternative to Payday Loans
It’s always good to have an alternative payday loan option that doesn't require a credit check. You may want to consider title loans as a no-credit fast cash option.
The premise of a title loan is that you use your car as collateral to access quick cash. You’ll hand over your car title to the title lender while you pay down the title loan. You will still have the ability to drive your car while you're paying off the title loan. Upon the successful repayment of the title loan, the title company will return your car title to you.
Please note that if you do not pay off the title loan under the specified terms and conditions, the title loan company can seize your car for repayment.
To find out more about title loans and determine if they are a good fit for you, check out our post on the best title loan companies in California.
Conclusion and Next Steps
If you are seeking a quick way to get some cash fast, payday loans are a viable option. We have provided this list of payday loan companies in San Diego to ensure that you are connecting with reputable payday loan lenders.
To help you get started on your payday loan search, we recommend that you visit LendYou. With numerous years of financial services experience, this company is one of the best online brokers for payday loans. You’ll get access to multiple lenders and have control over which payday lender you choose for your payday loan needs.
When doing research, Credit Help Info relies on credible and authoritative sites. These research sources are provided so that you can see exactly where we get our information.
About the Author
Chris Morgan is a credit expert and founder of Credit Help Info. He has been featured in Addition Financial, GOBankingRates, MSN Money, Yahoo Finance, and many other publications. He has read hundreds of books and resources on finance and the credit industry. Because he did this, you don’t have to. As a school teacher for over 20 years, Chris enjoys taking complicated material and breaking it down into manageable information that’s easy to understand.